My search for information on how to decaffeinate tea spurred me to also search for information on how caffeine affects us.
During the search, I came across a number of articles that were supposed to be explaining how tea was decaffeinated only to find myself reading a sales pitch for their herbal products. So, I’m bypassing them.
Some articles I referenced when writing the 2-part post “Tea Caffeine Be Gone”:
- CAFFEINE AND TEA: Myth and Reality, February 06, 2008, by Nigel Melican
- Caffeine Chemistry and Caffeine Effects, Jul 15, 2009, by Donald Reinhardt [Emeritus Associate Professor of Georgia State University in Atlanta. Georgia, taught microbiology and biology at GSU for over three decades.]
- Fatigue and Insomnia, Original Publication Date: 06/08/2006, Last Modified: 08/16/2010, Principal Author: Marcelle Pick, OB/GYN NP
- Caffeine, By Karen Eich Drummond
- Neurologic Effects of Caffeine, Updated: Nov 26, 2008, Author: Jasvinder Chawla (MBBS, MD, MBA), Coauthor: Amer Suleman (MD)